A support program aimed at independent authors, non-profit and / or art collectives (both — informal and NGOs). The OPEN CALL collab concept is continuously open, but applications for the 2017 iteration will be accepted until Nov 15th 2017; and the project must take place during 2017 in Croatia.
We will contact you after we evaluate your application and the complementarity of our capacities.
OC 2017 is realized as an open call for multimedia arts&culture (co)production. The program aims to cover options and methodologies of cultural decentralization, collaborations and open knowledge in the broad area of contemporary media culture.
Our support via OC is primarily non-financial/intangible. At this moment we cannot cover any event participant fees, travel nor tech rental costs, but can provide support in the creation and/or presentation of your ideas by providing basic human and project resources for the production and/or distribution of your work.
Although we do not exclude any idea/project based on its form or your formal status (and you *do not* have to be an artist to apply), we are particularly interested in your work if :
– you can relate to our organization’s goals
– you are fond of collective dynamics (both ups and downs)
– you implement commons and transdisciplinary open culture idea(l)s into the body of your work
– you wish to (re)produce or (re)present recent work and/or study to the Croatian public
– you have a strong research drive for your well structured work
– you are a younger author in need of adequate support and/or resources
– your proposal is centered outside pre-existing standards of contemporary creation, and contributes to the decentralization of Croatian culture
– your contemporary media work is based on knowledge distribution and project logic
If you find the deadline and/or propositions are not possible to fulfill at this point, but you are interested in collaborating with Format C, feel free to drop a (structured) word at email@example.com.